The ultimate goal of the Hunters Point Family agency is to stabilize our youth within their home environment. HPF understands that in many cases a youth’s entire family needs support before he or she can meet personal goals. As a part of the HPF extended family philosophy, the agency works collaboratively with other community-based organizations to provide support and resource referrals to all family members.
Youth in HPF programs report a 50% higher rate of sense of belonging than similarly evaluated youth nationwide.
The HPF Family Support Network offers:
- Case management (individual and family)
- Family mediation and referrals
- Advocacy within the Department of Human Services
- Advocacy within the school district
- Advocacy within the juvenile and adult justice systems
- Food security support through the HPF Healthy Lifestyles program
- Computer access for employment search
- Crisis and grief support